The waters of Verla offer excellent opportunities for SUP boarding. Below the Verla rapids, the waters of Vähä- and Iso-Kamponen open up, bordering the Puolakka dam. Above the Verla rapids, the route starts with narrow, winding stretches opening out into the vast Lake Suolajärvi and Lake Niskajärvi. Enthusiasts can also reach as far as Repovesi National Park if they wish.
Suma SUP boards
Verla's Suman SUP boards represent the most advanced end of the board range in terms of features.
- Aqua Inc. Air Rider 9'2" 32
- Mistral La Bamba 10'6" x 31
- Asenne Floater 10'6" x 31
- Asenne Voyager 12'6" x 31
- Aqua Inc. Air Rider 12'6" x 31 Ammolite
- Aqua Inc. Air Rider 12'6" x 28
- Mistral Spirit Race 12'6" x 28
- Mistral Adventurist 13'6" x 30
- Aqua Inc. Air Rider 14'6 x 26
Board rental includes
- SUP board, dinghy and paddle
- 1 buoyancy aid for adults with swimming skills, weight 40 - 130 kg
Rental time and pick up
Verla Suma SUP boards can be rented either for a day or for 24 hours or more.
The daily rental period is from 9 am to 6 pm and is 14 hours long. After the rental period, the board is picked up at 9 am at the earliest and must be returned cleaned by 6 pm.
Daily bookings start at 12 noon on the day of arrival and end at 12 noon on the day of departure. The ferry will be collected at 12 noon at the earliest from the start of the rental period and must be returned to the collection point cleaned by 12 noon on the day of the end of the rental period.
SUP boards can be found in the Suma in Verla, at the Myllymakasiini, in the middle of the UPM Verla factory museum. Suma is a 24-hour service point where, in addition to rental equipment, you can buy a variety of equipment and food. So, in addition to your SUP, you can also buy drinks for your outing at Suma.
Verla Suma has a smart lock on the door that works with a PIN code. The PIN code is automatically sent to those booking the rental equipment.
NOTE! Verla Suma is a 24h camera-controlled facility. Each self-service visitor is identified and registered. All cases of abuse, theft and the like will be reported to the police. Together with the report, the camera surveillance recordings, identifiers and related personal data are forwarded to the authorities.
Customers use the SUPs at their own risk. The customer must check the equipment before using it. A broken board must not be used and the discovery must be reported to Suma staff without delay.
Check that the board has sufficient pressure.
- Carry the board from Suma directly to the shore. Do not handle the board on land.
- Use the board with care and without unnecessary force. However, if something breaks, report it openly and as soon as possible to ensure a successful trip for the next renter.
- Always clean the board and equipment after use.
- Return the board to the same place you picked it up.
- If the board needs refilling, instructions can be found at the pick-up point.
- Swimming skills are compulsory.
- When using your own equipment, you must have previous paddling experience. If no experience is available, it is not possible to use the equipment without first going through an intro (to be booked separately).
- The user is always on the water at his own risk and is fully responsible for his own safety.
- A buddy is your best protection, so flush with a buddy or in a group
- Always tell the other person where you are going and what your schedule is
- Plan your trips carefully to match your experience and skill level.
- Always check the weather forecast before you go out on the water. Be prepared for the weather.
- Don't go in strong winds.
- Take your phone with you.
- Stock up on drinks and protect yourself from the sun
- It is strictly forbidden to use the equipment while under the influence of alcohol.